One of the most important things families can do to help their children succeed is to make sure they attend school regularly.
When your student is absent:
Contact the school at (320) 587-4470. State the name, teacher, length and reason for the absence. If we do not hear from you, we will attempt to call you at home or at work. If we have not spoken with you or a responsible adult regarding the absence, you must send a note to school.
- Family Death/Illness
- Religious Holiday / Instruction
- Medical / Dental Appointments
- Missing the bus
- Staying home to care for siblings
- Refusing to go to school
- Oversleeping (Parent or Child)
- Skipping School
- No Doctor Note (if required)
Six Strategies to Support School Attendance:
- Let children know that you value their education. Insist they go every day.
- Talk to you child about school. Is your child struggling with schoolwork, classmates, or other problems? Ask how you can help.
- Discuss your concerns with your child’s teacher(s). Ask them to help if needed.
- Does your child need a tutor or assessment for special services? Ask for referrals to community programs, and don’t hesitate to use counseling services.
- Get to know your child’s friends and their families.
- Support/follow school policies.