- The medication permission form is part of the care plan and must be signed by the parent and physician.
- Medication form must be renewed annually.
- Medication container must be labeled by the pharmacy with the medication name, dose and physician’s name.
- Medication are to be brought to the health services office by a parent or responsible adult.
- Children are not able to transport medications to and or from school.
Nonprescription or over-the-counter medications
- Nonprescription medications are to come to school in the original unopened container.
- Sample sized are recommended.
- Nonprescription medications sent to school in a plastic bag and/or mixed with other medications will be returned.
- Nonprescription medications can only be given according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Inappropriate age or dose will not be given without a physician’s order.
- Parent must complete the nonprescription medication form with the name of the medication, dosage requirements, and student’s name.
- The health service office does not stock or dispense any nonprescription medications that have not come from home with appropriate documentation.