Congratulations to Emma Trettin, girls swim and dive, as being selected as this week’s TIGER of the Week. Below are the qualities that earned Emma this award:
- After a rough start to the WCC championship meet, Emma was able to climb her way back from 8th place after the preliminary rounds of diving to finish second and earn an All-Conference award
- Tenacity – Emma stayed calm and focused as she recovered from a rough start to the WCC conference meet.
- Integrity – Emma stayed calm and did not allow her emotions to take over.
- Gratitude – Emma is always positive and accepts her competitors as just that, competitors, not enemies.
- Effort – Emma gives her best effort every day in practice and the meets. She has to practice diving and swimming which may keep her at the pool longer than the rest of the team. She does this without complaint.
- Respect – She always shows nothing but the utmost respect for her teammates, coaches, officials, and competitors.