School Bus Driver Appreciation Day
February 27, 2019
Thank you to Hutchinson Bus Line and all of the school bus drivers who get students to and from school safely and also interact with students – giving them a positive start and end to their school day.
Did you know . . .
- School bus drivers perform a 42 point pre-trip inspection every day plus post-trip inspections to make sure no children are left on the bus.
- Once a driver is licensed, they must complete 8 hours of continuing education per year and pass a DOT driver physical every two years.
- Hutchinson school bus drivers travel 152 routes every day!
- Hutchinson Bus Line has 49 drivers with over 500 years of experience!
- Drivers work to build relationships with their students, giving them a good start and end to their school day.
- Statewide, 760,000 students are transported 750,000 miles safely every day.
- There is less than a .3% chance of a fatality in a school bus accident.