Part-time Volunteer Summer Feeding Program Coordinator
The Summer Feeding Program was started in Hutchinson in 2012. It offers a free lunch to ALL children 1-18 years, Monday-Thursday for 10 weeks this summer.
Lunch is prepared and provided by the Hutchinson School District, with funds from the USDA.
This year we will be operating and serving from the Hutchinson Middle School.
Here are some details about the position:
- Recruit and schedule volunteers through email, phone contacts and in person (we have started a list on file).
- Network with for-profit and nonprofit businesses in the community in order to recruit volunteers.
- Delegate responsibilities to volunteers in their daily schedule and duties.
- Market and promote the program to get the word out to the community.
- Communicate information to parents and daycare providers.
- Assist when needed, lunch crew with tallying participants with a compliant meal.
- Enjoy working with kids.
- Essential skills required: strong organizational abilities, flexibility, adaptability to unforeseen changes, and professional communication skills.
- The Coordinator should be friendly, energetic, positive, outgoing and demonstrate a very high level of follow-through.
If interested, please contact Lesli Mueller at 320-234-2607 or Kristin Nelson at 320-234-2603.