1REACHing “our” students! The REACH Program of the Hutchinson High School has made positive strides each Trimester. It is proving that relationships, and character building, along with holding students accountable daily, creates a climate that fosters academic competence and social growth. Our students have cumulatively passed 252% more classes since the inception of this program.
Number of Students and Graduation Rates
Total of Students Serviced
2008-2009: 87 Students
2009-2010: 92 Students
2010-2011: (1st Tri:) 110 Students with waiting list.
2008-2009: 2 seniors Graduated
2009-2010: 13 seniors Graduated
2010-2011: 22 on track to Graduate-4 will need summer school to earn diploma.
Prior to REACH students passed 25.5% of their classes
- 1st Tri- REACH Students passed 62% of all their classes.
- 2nd Trimester REACH students passed 78% all their classes.
- 4 REACH students named Student of the Month
- 5 HONOR ROLL Students – 2nd Tri
- 3rd Tri- REACH Students passed 82% of their classes.
- REACH Scholarship given to two REACH Graduates.
- Scholarship recipients attending 2 year Technical College
- 1st Tri – REACH Students passed 89.9% of all their classes
- Overall GPA: 2.09
- Highest GPA: 3.8
- 4 Students named Student of the Trimester
- 5 Students named to Honor Roll
- 6 Students earned 3.0 GPA or higher
- 2nd Tri Results: REACH Students passed 90.3 of their classes!
- 12 over 3.0 GPA
- 3rd Tri Results: REACH students passed 94.7% of their classes.
- OVERALL REACH GPA: 2.3
- 7 REACH Seniors Graduated.
- 1st Tri Results: REACH Students passed 93.4% of their classes.
- 11 Students w/ 3.0 GPA or Higher
- 1 student w/ 4.0 GPA
- 1 student recognized for Biggest Turn-around academically
- 30 Students earned trip to MN Vikings Facility to meet Vikings players and Management
- Community members organized Spooky Sprint w/ all proceeds going to REACH-$2309.16
- Selected Featured Program from Minnesota Assoc. of Alternative Programs (MAAP)
- 12 REACH Students make Trimester 1 Honor Roll
- Overall GPA for REACH Program: 2.43
- 2nd Tri Results: REACH Students passed 95.9% of their classes. The Bar is set at 100%
- Overall GPA for REACH Program 2.23
- 9 Student earn 3.0 GPA or higher
- 3 Students performing in High School Plays
- Students performing on Robotics Team
- 3 Students of the Month
- REACH Community Project – “Pay it Forward” featured in Hutch Leader, KDUZ, 94.1 FM The Loon, Willmar- reaches 11 year burn victim in Hayden, Iowa as well as Children’s Hospital in Twin Cities
- 3rd Tri-Results- REACH Students that honored the contract passed 95.1% of their classes. The bar set at 100 percent.
- 11 Student earn 3.0 GPA or higher
- 9th Grade section of REACH GPA: 2.21
- REACH Program awarded Star of Innovation award for Southwestern MN
- MN Dept of Ed spent day w/ program to gather information and share at National Convention.
- Community Member invests in our kids and REACH Program.
- 3 REACH Teams earned breakfast at McCormicks Family Restaurant for best GPA.
- 12 Current/former REACH students Graduate.
- 4 Current/former REACH students will graduate after Summer school completion.
- Overall GPA for REACH Program (5 sections): 2.14